Amgen Inc is hiring a
Network Security Engineer, Specialist
**HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION? **
**THE AMGEN CAPABILITY CENTER IN LISBON, PORTUGAL (ACCP) **will be home to over 300 multi-national and multi-cultural employees, representing a broad range of cross functional capabilities, including Commercial, General and Administrative, Information Systems, Research and Development and more. The ACCP will offer rich career growth and development opportunities, regional and global exposure and the opportunity to LIVE, WIN and THRIVE in one of Europe’s most attractive cities.
Our ACCP offices will be temporarily located at the Maleo – Saldanha, Av. da República 18, 1050-191 Lisbon, while we work toward finding a permanent office in the vibrant city center of Lisbon.
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us as: ** NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER SPECIALIST ** LIVE WHAT YOU WILL DO The Network Security Engineer Specialist plays a meaningful role in Information Security for Amgen. The individual will support assigned capabilities within Information Security with the focus on Securing Perimeter, Cloud, Automation and Manufacturing Systems. The Network Security Engineer Specialist will work with various partners at Amgen in a manner aligned to Amgen's values to define and implement Information Security Services strategies, standards, tools and processes.
This team member will work jointly with other Amgen teams like Security Operations to implement technologies, processes, and other improvements in assigned Information Security capabilities. This will also include participation in on-call activities. This engineer will play a key role in building, deploying and maintaining solutions to support Amgen operations. Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will:
- Management and implementation of physical as well as AWS-based firewalls, proxies, VPN concentrators, and related network protection technologies.
- Develops, implements, and sustains network operating rules, objects, and flows across a complex, global enterprise.
- Collaborates with analysts, engineers, data scientists to deliver continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience.
- Work with and provide guidance to Security Operations and other Information Security team activities on security strategies, processes, response and technologies
- Provide support to Incident Response on security incidents including mock security incident exercises
- Critically analyzes network infrastructure to find opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce the threat profile
- Provide mentorship and training on areas of expertise to Information Security and Amgen teams
- Participate in audits covering network security services and technologies
- Participate in proactive research and provide recommendations for continuous improvement on information security technologies, processes and services
- Participate in on-call coverage and perform effective escalation of problems and issues
WIN WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The ideal information security professional we seek is team-oriented with these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems and/or Computer Science and 3 years of professional experience or high school diploma and 4-5 years of professional experience.
- High level of English language skills (Verbal and Written)
- Strong proven knowledge on perimeter security like IDS/IPS, Web filtering, Application Filtering and Firewalling
- Fortinet solutions experience strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of network engineering, verified by having obtained credentials such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher / equivalent
- Practical Knowledge of Information Security standards and policies like ISO 27001/27002, NIST, and others
- Good hands-on experience with AWS foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more Information Protection capabilities like security monitoring, threat intelligence, network protection, data protection, endpoint protection, technical security assessments, security architecture
- Experience in complex enterprise environments with competing business priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective working with global teams in a collaborative setting, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple efforts
- Experience with regulated systems (GxP, SOX or, GDPR) in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare industry is preferred
THRIVE WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT OF US As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn, develop, and move up and across our global organization.
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where colleagues are empowered to bring ideas to the table, take risks, and act.
- Generous Amgen Total Rewards Plan comprising healthcare, finance, wealth and career benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements.
APPLY NOW FOR A CAREER THAT DEFIES IMAGINATION In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us. CAREERS.AMGEN.COM
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.