Amgen is hiring a
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
THE AMGEN CAPABILITY CENTER IN LISBON, PORTUGAL (ACCP) will be home to over 300 multi-national and multi-cultural employees, representing a broad range of cross functional capabilities, including Commercial, General and Administrative, Research and Development and more. The ACCP will offer rich career growth and development opportunities, regional and global exposure and the opportunity to LIVE, WIN and THRIVE in one of Europe’s most attractive cities.
Our ACCP offices will be temporarily located at the Maleo – Saldanha, Av. da República 18, 1050-191 Lisbon, while we work toward finding a permanent office in the vibrant city center of Lisbon.
ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
LIVE WHAT YOU WILL DO
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will help deliver the worlds' most advanced and life-changing biotech.
Capture, negotiate, decompose and derive user stories for backlog grooming and agile ceremonies. Work with team members on elements of the pipeline and add, refactor, and improve capabilities across our architecture and our continuous CI/CD pipeline. Participate in efforts to design, build, and develop solutions and services. Help develop, test, deploy, and operate the service. Create automated test scripts leveraging Selenium/UFT to use across the system. Work with platform expertise to understand the system data model, configurations, architectures, to design and build for merge & acquisition data conversion and validation packages. Develop and maintain shared code libraries and facilitate training and adoption by other developers from other IS organizations while finding opportunities for reusability Participate in Agile meetings to contribute with development strategies and product roadmap
WIN WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients.
Associate’s degree with 4 years of Programming or Computational Science experience
Or High School Diploma/GED with 6 years of Programming or Computational Science experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- Understanding of agile methodology & DevOps (Jenkins, Docker, JIRA, Gitlab) frameworks
- Familiar with data analysis and reporting experience by using analytics, visualization and database technologies (Oracle, PL SQL, Spotfire, Tableau, Python – NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical revenue management system is a strong plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and technical expertise to be able to communicate effectively with business and technology partners.
- Experience in Software Engineering and Development
- Experience in Cloud platforms (AWS, Databricks)
- Experience in developing and supporting web applications including familiarity with web technologies and frameworks (EXTJS, D3 JS, React.js)
- Experience in relational database fundamentals, and software quality methodology
- Knowledge of or experience in Life, Physical or Computational Sciences
- Strong written and oral communication skills
THRIVE SOME OF THE VAST REWARDS OF WORKING HERE
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor APPLY NOW FOR A CAREER THAT DEFIES IMAGINATION
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.