Altar.io is hiring a
Are you an Account Executive looking to grow in a team of highly-skilled, top talent innovators while working on multiple projects in a range of industries?
If so, Altar may be the right place for you.
With us, you’ll help entrepreneurs and business leaders build innovative products that transform their industries, from early-stage MVPs to disruptive satellite products.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a host of entrepreneurs and business leaders, like an ex-Product Owner of YouTube and a former Managing Director of HSBC. Not to mention exciting companies like the multi-award-winning regtech startup, Apiax or Coca–Cola.
Thanks to the work your future colleagues have been doing, our new business is 100% inbound, so we don’t have any outbound motions. No outreach. No SDR or BDR roles.
This inbound motion means that, in most cases, our potential clients come to us already aligned with our mindset and processes. That allows you to focus on what truly matters: exploring their idea from a business perspective and challenging their assumptions according to what we believe is the path of least resistance for their product to launch and win in the market.
As an Account Executive, you’ll need to analyse ideas, assess business models and manage client relationships. You will use your communication and analytical skills to conduct sales calls - where your critical thinking will be your main asset to instil trust in our prospective clients - and then preserve and improve those relationships over time.
All the while working among a cross-functional team of seasoned Altarions with expertise in a multitude of sectors.
What You’ll Be Doing: As an Account Executive, you’ll be:
- Reviewing and improving pipeline processes to increase efficiency;
- Analysing prospects’ profiles, studying and reasoning about their industries and business ideas;
- Managing the entire life journey of a new client;
- Lead first calls with potential clients to identify their needs and challenge their existing vision and assumptions;
- Liaise with the product and tech teams to build a rationale for a commercial proposal;
- Prepare and deliver commercial proposals;
- Manage the relationship throughout the project;
- Provide professional after-sales support to maximize customer loyalty;
- Remain in regular contact with your clients to understand and meet their needs;
- Respond to complaints and resolve issues to the customer’s satisfaction and maintain the company’s reputation;
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data.
- Constantly analyse and explore business opportunities to increase the lifetime value of each client.
- Working closely with the Marketing department to ensure full alignment between marketing and sales.
**The Hands-On Experience We Need You to Bring to the Table: **
- 2+ years of experience in the Tech Industry;
- Experience in studying and reasoning about business models;
- Critical thinking;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
The Extra Experience We’d Love to See:
- Previous working experience in a Product role of a Tech Startup;
- Previous working experience as a Founder or Top Manager of a Tech Startup;
Here’s The Cutting Edge Tech Stack We Use:
- Figma – for design, prototyping and design systems
- Angular 2+, React, Vue, Gatsby, HTML, CSS, and SASS – for Front-End development
- Flutter, ReactNative, and Nativescript – for Mobile development
- NodeJS, ExpressJS, and TensorFlowJS – for Back-End development
- Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform – for Managed APIs
- MongoDB, PostgresSQL, Redis, and InfluxDB (TimeSeries) – for DBA Admin
- Cypress, Jest, and Karma – for Testing
- Jira and Confluence –for collaboration and organisation
What You Can Expect from our Recruitment Process: Our process starts with us screening your CV. Once we’ve done that you can expect:
- A one hour interview with our People Team, so we can get to know you better
- A one and a half-hour technical interview to talk about your skills and experience
- A final one hour interview to make sure we’re the right fit for you, and you’re the right fit for us.
Once you’ve completed the process we’ll be in touch to let you know whether or not you were successful. If you’re the right fit, we’ll also give you more details on the next steps to becoming an Altarion.
What You Can Expect from Working with Us: Full focus on helping you make the most out of life
- A competitive salary that aligns with your experience
- Health Insurance for you and your household
- A remote-first policy with the option to join us in an informal, pet-friendly, office environment in the heart of Lisbon.
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid vacation
- Team events like weekly Yoga classes, Summer Surf Days, Christmas Dinners and much more.
Full focus on helping you make the most out of your Career
- Detailed career plan with strong growth potential
- Training budget to help you achieve your goals more effectively
- Global projects with industry-leading clients
- A team of top talent innovators and researchers at your side
If you got increasingly excited about Altar while reading this, then we’re just as excited about you! Apply now and let’s see if we can make you the next Altarion.