Amgen is hiring a
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
THE AMGEN CAPABILITY CENTER IN LISBON, PORTUGAL (ACCP) will be home to over 300 multi-national and multi-cultural employees, representing a broad range of cross functional capabilities, including Commercial, General and Administrative, Research and Development and more. The ACCP will offer rich career growth and development opportunities, regional and global exposure and the opportunity to LIVE, WIN and THRIVE in one of Europe’s most attractive cities.
Our ACCP offices will be temporarily located at the Maleo – Saldanha, Av. da República 18, 1050-191 Lisbon, while we work toward finding a permanent office in the vibrant city center of Lisbon.
LIVE WHAT YOU WILL DO
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. Global Commercial Operational IS is looking for a talented Data Engineer, who is curious to learn and able to develop data engineering and data analytics solution in a fast-moving environment. Candidate will work closely with senior data engineer and product owner/business analyst to understand the requirement. This role will be part of the newly established technical/engineering team, develop data flow pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various data format to enterprise data lake and data warehouse system in three regions in AWS. Provide data analytics and predictive analysis to business users.
The Data Engineer will be based out of Amgen’s Capability Center in Lisbon. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
Be a key team member assisting in design and development of the data pipeline for Global Data and Analytics team Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SME’s, and Data Scientists to design and develop end-to-end data pipeline to meet fast paced business need across geographic regions Serve as system admin to manage AWS and Databricks platform; Adhere to best practices for coding, testing and designing reusable code/component Able to explore new tools, technologies that will help to improve ETL platform performance Participate in sprint planning meetings and provide estimations on technical implementation; Collaborate and communicate effectively with the product teams
WIN WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
We seek a self-starter with these qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree with 2 years Data Engineering and/or and Software Engineering experience
Associate’s degree 6 years of Data Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
High school diploma and 8 years of Data Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
- Experience with software development (Java, Python preferred), end-to-end system design
- Experience with data modeling for both OLAP and OLTP databases, hands-on experience with SQL, preferred Oracle, PostgreSQL, and Hive SQL; SQL performance tuning
- Experience with web development, java script, html, CSS, any web framework or microservice architecture
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins
- Experience on AWS, familiar with EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB, and API gateway
- Experience with docker container, Kubernetes container orchestration
- Experience with Apache Airflow and Apache Spark; Spark performance turning
- Experience with Tableau Dashboard and Tableau Server
- Support the creation of customizations and integrations required to solution delivery
- Develop technical designs for new features and capabilities
- Accountability of technical implementation aspects of new features including planning, architecture, design, development, and testing
- Ability to learn quickly, be organized and detail oriented
- Agile/SAFe experience and/or understanding
THRIVE SOME OF THE VAST REWARDS OF WORKING HERE
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor APPLY NOW
FOR A CAREER THAT DEFIES IMAGINATION
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
READY TO APPLY FOR THE JOB?
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.