Altar.io is hiring a
Are you an experienced Product Owner looking to grow in a team of highly-skilled, top talent innovators while working on multiple products in a range of industries?
If so, Altar may be the right place for you.
With us, you’ll help entrepreneurs and business leaders build innovative products that transform their industries, from early-stage MVPs to disruptive satellite products.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a host of entrepreneurs and business leaders, like an ex-Product Owner of YouTube and a former Managing Director of HSBC. Not to mention exciting companies like the multi-award-winning regtech startup, Apiax or Coca–Cola.
As a Product Owner, you will be fundamental to helping us build the products that users love. You’ll contribute by supporting the product development from start to finish, and ensure that the product achieves the set vision and meets the customer's needs, on time and on budget. Practicing a lean management approach and detail-oriented drive, you will support the product development team, managing backlog items, and optimizing the value of the product.
You’ll then merge that with the User Experience vision keeping in mind the technology impact of those decisions in demanding web projects.
You won’t be alone working in these cutting-edge technologies. You’ll be among a cross-functional team of seasoned Altarions with expertise in a multitude of sectors, from fintech and marketplace to AI and IoT.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As a Product Owner, you’ll be:
- Providing vision and direction to the product development team, on product, roadmap, requirements and growth opportunities, driving communication with stakeholders throughout the project
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product, working closely with product management and business teams to create and maintain a product backlog according to business priorities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories, leading the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Actively mitigating impediments impacting the successful completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Using your knowledge of the market, competition, and current trends to define innovative functional solutions to boost Product value.
The Hands-On Experience We Need You to Bring to the Table:
- 1+ years of experience as a Product Owner
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in the Software Development Industry
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinking with a vision
- Fluid intelligence & abstract reasoning
- Attention to details
- Ability to mix a structured process-centric approach with an out-of-the-box creative mindset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
The Extra Experience We’d Love to See:
- Previous working experience as a Founder or Top Manager of a Tech Startup
**Here’s The Cutting Edge Tech Stack We Use: **
- Figma – for design, prototyping and design systems
- Angular 2+, React, Vue, Gatsby, HTML, CSS, and SASS – for Front-End development
- Flutter, ReactNative, and Nativescript – for Mobile development
- NodeJS, ExpressJS, and TensorFlowJS – for Back-End development
- Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform – for Managed APIs
- MongoDB, PostgresSQL, Redis, and InfluxDB (TimeSeries) – for DBA Admin
- Cypress, Jest, and Karma – for Testing
- Jira and Confluence –for collaboration and organisation
**What You Can Expect from our Recruitment Process: ** Our process starts with us screening your CV. Once we’ve done that you can expect:
- A one hour interview with our People Team, so we can get to know you better
- A one and a half-hour technical interview to talk about your skills and experience
- A final one hour interview to make sure we’re the right fit for you, and you’re the right fit for us.
Once you’ve completed the process we’ll be in touch to let you know whether or not you were successful. If you’re the right fit, we’ll also give you more details on the next steps to become an Altarion.
**What You Can Expect from Working with Us: ** Full focus on helping you make the most out of life
- A competitive salary that aligns with your experience
- Health Insurance for you and your household
- We need you to live in Portugal (or be happy and legally qualified to relocate here). That being said, we have a remote-first policy with the option to join us in an informal, pet-friendly, office environment in the heart of Lisbon
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid vacation
- Team events like weekly Yoga classes, Summer Surf Days, Christmas Dinners and much more.
Full focus on helping you make the most out of your Career
- Detailed career plan with strong growth potential
- Training budget to help you achieve your goals more effectively
- Global projects with industry-leading clients
- A team of top talent innovators and researchers at your side
If you got increasingly excited about Altar while reading this, then we’re just as excited about you! Apply now and let’s see if we can make you the next Altarion.