Amgen Inc. is hiring a
Senior Cloud Security IS Engineer Associate
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
**THE AMGEN CAPABILITY CENTER IN LISBON, PORTUGAL (ACCP) **will be home to over 300 multi-national and multi-cultural employees, representing a broad range of cross functional capabilities, including Commercial, General and Administrative, Research and Development and more. The ACCP will offer rich career growth and development opportunities, regional and global exposure and the opportunity to LIVE, WIN and THRIVE in one of Europe’s most attractive cities.
The Amgen Capability Center Portugal will be temporarily located at the Maleo – Saldanha, Av. da República 18, 1050-191 Lisbon. We’re already gearing up to have our brand-new permanent office ready in the vibrant city center of Lisbon by the spring of 2022.
Cloud Security Sr. Associate IS Engineer
What You Will Do
Amgen is seeking a Cloud Security Engineer to join Amgen’s Cloud Security organization who will be reporting into the Global Information Protection Organization in Amgen and will be based in Lisbon, PRT, at Amgen’s new Capability Center.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will be providing remediation strategies, and executing project activities to complete tactical objectives. You will play a key role in designing, deploying, and maintaining solutions, automating security assessments, audits, policy and standard enforcements, and more.
- Work with and provide guidance to Security Operations and other Global Information Protection team activities on security strategies, processes, response, and technologies
- Support Incident Response on security incidents including contributing to mock security incident exercises
- Participate in projects or initiatives where an IS Security Engineer is needed with a focus on ensuring the inclusion of information security requirements
- Develop, implement, and sustain operational scripts, data structures, libraries, and programming code that optimize security in emergent compute patterns with diverse applications throughout the global environment.
- Analyze, design, develop and operate programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in an advanced security context.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with analysts, engineers, data scientists to achieve continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience.
- Support Incident Response on security incidents including supplying to mock security incident exercises.
- This position requires after-hours responsibilities.
What We Expect Of You**
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a versatile person with these qualifications.
- Comprehensive experience with Amazon AWS, understanding of Identity and Access Management, Data Protection, Secure DevOps, Security Operations, and other security domains for Cloud.
- Good hands-on experience with AWS foundation services related to computing, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies.
- Experience using AWS Cloud Services (EC2, DynamoDB, API Gateway, RDS, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Route 53, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- AWS Certified Professional or higher
- Minimum Education required - High School diploma or GED. (Ideally a Bachelor's degree in a related career field).
- Fluent in the English language (Oral and Written)
- Ideally +/- 4 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience.
Some of the vast rewards of working here**
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
APPLY NOW FOR A CAREER THAT DEFIES IMAGINATION
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
**EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT ** Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.