kencko is hiring a
We make it easy for everyone to build healthy habits and eat more fruit and vegetables by creating innovative products that are highly nutritious, sustainable and delicious.
How We Do It
Just 1 in 10 US adults eats the recommended minimum of 5 cups of fruits and vegetables every day. We're helping solve that problem with convenient, organic, and mouth-watering products.
We transform fresh, organic fruits and veggies into handy single-serving meal moments such as instant smoothies, delicious gum drops, and hearty bowls.
We are a fast growing B-Corp startup who strongly believes every single kencko-er we hire is a key part of our shared success. Our Data team is growing and we are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join our tech team! We are looking for someone who is self-driven, understands the importance of data for an online business and treats pipelines as software: maintained, monitored and evolved over time.
- Own the maintenance and development of our analytics tech stack, including identifying and implementing new tools, managing utilization, and improving performance
- Model and architect our data to support in a way that will scale with the increasingly complex ways weʼre analyzing it
- Expand our processes for ingestion and analysis of event data from our internal services, website and e-commerce system
- Build custom data pipelines that reliably provide clean, ready-to-analyze data and develop systems that monitor those pipelines to ensure their health
- Work closely with our software engineers to identify new opportunities for data collection and build the processes to make that data available in our data warehouse
- Research and surface new ideas and approaches, whether new technologies, tools, frameworks, or process improvements for the team
Experience You Bring
- 3-5 years of professional experience architecting, developing, and shipping data and ETL pipelines
- Extensive experience manipulating data using SQL
- Experience using Git to version/manage code
- Experience working with relational databases and data warehouses
- Familiarity with relevant services from cloud provider offerings (GCP, AWS)
- Familiarity with business intelligence and visualization tools
- Experience working in a DTC/e-commerce environment
- Experience structuring and analyzing high volumes of website event data (e.g., impressions, views, clicks, etc.)
- Experience with specific technologies: Google BigQuery, AWS Redshift, Snowplow, Looker, dbt, Fivetran
What We Offer
- An employee stock equity award approved by the Board of Directors
- Remote work
- Private health insurance, company pays 100% premium for employee and spouse/domestic partner
- 25 days of paid time off
- 7.63 euro per day for a meal allowance
- Donation to your favorite charity on your birthday
- Wellness perks via our kencko-er assistance program (legal, financial, work/life balance, and mental health services)
- A casual, dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- A destination company offsite
- Free nutrition consults
- Steep discount on kencko products
- Be part of a B-Corp team that is shaking-up the nutrition industry for the better!
"kencko is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company."