Altar.io is hiring a
Are you a Back-end Developer looking to grow in a team of highly-skilled, top talent innovators while working on multiple products in a range of industries?
If so, Altar may be the right place for you.
With us, you’ll help entrepreneurs and business leaders build innovative products that transform their industries, from early-stage MVPs to disruptive satellite products.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a host of entrepreneurs and business leaders, like an ex-Product Owner of YouTube and a former Managing Director of HSBC. Not to mention, exciting companies like the multi-award-winning regtech startup, Apiax or Coca–Cola.
As a Back-End Developer, you’ll be managing the exchange of data between the server and the users. You’ll be focused on the development of all server-side logic and the definition of the central database. You’ll ensure high responsiveness and performance to requests from the front-end in demanding web projects.
With us, you’ll not be alone working in these cutting-edge technologies. You’ll be among a cross-functional team of seasoned Altarions with expertise in a multitude of sectors, from fintech and marketplace to AI and IoT.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As a Back-End Developer, you’ll be:
- Taking the wheel of complex application features
- Planning and documenting the development features
- Following Test-Based Development Rituals
- Estimating features with time and precision
- Guaranteeing a good GIT working flow
The Hands-On Experience We Need You to Bring to the Table:
- 3+ years of experience working with Web Application development
- More than 1 year of experience working with Node.js development in high scale applications
- Experience in running applications in container-based orchestration environments such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience using Node.js in multithreading mode
- Experience with writing Unit and Integration Tests
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
The Extra Experience We’d Love to See:
- Experience working in a Product-centric team
- Previous experience deploying software into production
Here’s The Cutting Edge Tech Stack We Use:
- Figma – for design, prototyping and design systems
- Angular 2+, React, Vue, Gatsby, HTML, CSS, and SASS – for Front-End development
- Flutter, ReactNative, and Nativescript – for Mobile development
- NodeJS, ExpressJS, and TensorFlowJS – for Back-End development
- Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform – for Managed APIs
- MongoDB, PostgresSQL, Redis, and InfluxDB (TimeSeries) – for DBA Admin
- Cypress, Jest, and Karma – for Testing
- JIRA and Confluence –for collaboration and organisation
What You Can Expect from our Recruitment Process:
Our process starts with us screening your CV. Once we’ve done that you can expect:
- A one hour interview with our People Team, so we can get to know you better
- A technical challenge to solve at home with a deadline of five days
- A one and a half-hour technical interview to talk about your skills and experience
- A final one-hour interview to make sure we’re the right fit for you, and you’re the right fit for us.
Once you’ve completed the process we’ll be in touch to let you know whether or not you were successful. If you’re the right fit, we’ll also give you more details on the next steps to become an Altarion.
What You Can Expect from Working with Us:
Full focus on helping you make the most out of life
- A competitive salary that aligns with your experience
- Health Insurance for you and your household
- A remote-first policy with the option to join us in an informal, pet-friendly, office environment in the heart of Lisbon.
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid vacation
- Team events like weekly Yoga classes, Summer Surf Days, Christmas Dinners, and much more.
Full focus on helping you make the most out of your Career
- Detailed career plan with strong growth potential
- Training budget to help you achieve your goals more effectively
- Global projects with industry-leading clients
- A team of top talent innovators and researchers at your side
- If you got increasingly excited about Altar while reading this, then we’re just as excited about you! Apply now and let’s see if we can make you the next Altarion.